PPMB

We're just nuts about nuts!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You may have noticed that the number of board members has dropped to 955 from 990. That's because we have a policy of deleting accounts with no posts after the first six months. We figure that people wouldn't want to register with the board if they didn't intend to participate, so therefore, those that don't could be spammers.

However, it's always possible that the board member is a genuine fan, but more of a lurker than a participant. So as a new policy, we're asking any newly registered board members to post within the first 48 hours of account activation.

We'd prefer a "Hi, I'm [fill in the blank]" in the General Forum, but you can post in any forum. We just want to know that you're real, not a spammer (although given that we now require new registrants to answer a question about Daria, spammers are a lot less likely).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like we're getting a lot of new people thanks to the change in Guest view of the board. Read carefully what I wrote above. As Scissors said elsewhere, we're a community, not a fanfiction website. If you have an account here, we don't expect you to post all of the time, but we do expect you to post now and then, and definitely within the first 48 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Made this Global, since many new registrants might never stop in Announcements with Comments. We had a ton of new accounts activated yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Newbies, another reminder! We promise not to hurt you. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI, because I'm not heartless and cruel, I'll give the new people a bit of a grace period, since many new accounts belong to fans who were forced by the change in Guest view to register. So for those who have registered starting December 14th, you have until December 21 to post. Of course if the board is shuttered during that time, those days won't count against you.

Anyone who registers between December 14th and 19th has until December 21st to post. After that, accounts without at least one post get deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, just a reminded for those who registered between the 14th and the 19th that tomorrow the grace period ends. Anyone who hasn't made a post (for those activated on the 19th, within 48 hours of activation) will have his/her account deleted. I'm sorry to do it because I'm sure most new people here are usually lurkers who came to read the fanfic, but again, it's not a very great burden to meet.

You just have to post once. It doesn't have to be in the "New Here" thread or starting a new thread. You could comment on a fanfic or respond to another thread. Better to write a little more than "good story," but you don't have to write a very long post, either.

Happily, it looks as though a lot of people have posted. Hope that continues.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, the grace period is now over -- except for people who registered on the 19th and who have not yet had 48 hours to post. (Those who were activated on the 20th will have until the 22nd, etc.)

I have deleted the accounts of those who registered on the 14th and after, but did not post at least once. If your account has been deleted, you may reregister. The deletion will not count against you -- it's not like being banned. However, you need to follow the rules and post in the manner I mentioned above, or the account will be deleted again. (Posting about how much you hate the new rule will not be appreciated. 8) )

Attempts to evade the rule by registering multiple times and not posting (resulting in repeated account deletions) will be grounds for a banning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Several people have reregistered, which is good. Again, please post once within the first 48 hours of activation. If you repeatedly register and then fail to post after activation, you are subject to being banned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:00 am 
Savant
Savant

It might help if you put a notice either in the activation email or on the registation page since some people like me don't always read things like you're suppose to. Or like my brother who nevers even glances at it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
It might help if you put a notice either in the activation email or on the registation page since some people like me don't always read things like you're suppose to. Or like my brother who nevers even glances at it.
Thanks, we are working on that.

Philosophy of science is about as useful to scientists as ornithology is to birds. - Richard Feynman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
We will do our best. However, new members also have a responsibility to read the rules, and the new registrants one is in every forum. We try to be understanding, but there comes a point where if you don't follow the rules, you pay the price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The number of times an account can be activated before being banned for non-posting: three.

So if by your third activation, you still haven't posted within 48 hours, your account will be deleted and you will not be re-activated. Hopefully you will post by your first or second time.

If the message you post violates a PPMB rule or is otherwise nasty or degrading, the result is an automatic banning.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Edited the header. Thought if I screamed it loud enough, more people might hear (er, see) it.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

I apologize. Was mistaken the address... Ask to
remove this message.

Last edited by Vladilen on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:50 pm 
Savant
Savant

Hello. Daria fan here. Might be kinda quite but I will always try to comment sometimes to stay on here

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you guys are posting, but you don't have to post here. ;) You can post in one of the other threads.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 pm 
Savant
Savant

I have a question and I did search everywhere to make sure before I asked or posted. Am I allowed to make posts asking for recs and such in the Oldies and in the new writings? I'm new to the fandom and want to make sure this is okay first since I'm sure there's some amazing fics out there I'm missing now or did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I have a question and I did search everywhere to make sure before I asked or posted. Am I allowed to make posts asking for recs and such in the Oldies and in the new writings? I'm new to the fandom and want to make sure this is okay first since I'm sure there's some amazing fics out there I'm missing now or did.
Sure. :)