We're just nuts about nuts!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Departure Policy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Desolation Row, waiting for my turn with Cinderella
Drawn out dramas over threatened departures have, in my experience, been more debilitating to online/social media communities than the controversies that were their ostensible cause. With that in mind, here's a new policy statement:

—If someone states their intention to leave the PPMB after a given date or with the completion of a fic or project here, I will take that statement at face value, and once the date passes or the fic or project is complete, that member will no longer be able to post but will have access to the board for one calendar week to gather copies of their posts. After that, their account will be erased and their posts deleted.
—To prevent open ended threats where a project remains unfinished, if more than two weeks pass without significant activity on the project, I will consider that no good faith effort is being made, and proceed with locking their account as if a stated deadline had passed.
—To prevent people making threats into bargaining chips, once a threat to leave is made, it cannot be rescinded. There is no cooling off period after making a post saying you intend to leave during which you can rescind that intention.

This policy was prompted by WellTemperedClavier's statement he intends to leave once he's finished with his episode analyses. I would like to thank him for his contributions here, and wish him well in his life post-PPMB, and even extend the offer to buy him a beverage of his choice should we ever find ourselves in the same town.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Revelations 3:15-16)
If my enemies knew me better, they'd hate me even more.—N.N. Taleb