PPMB

TRUTH AND SOUL, BABY! No smoking!
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:28 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 am 
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Michael. :drink: Did your girlfriend warn you about the relentless hazing we do here to newbies? Because she should have. It's horrible. Terrible. I still have nightmares. :shock:

Oh, I'm just kidding. That would take too much effort and most of us here are too lazy. :lol:

My woefully out-of-date deviantArt page

Now on Outpost Daria Reborn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 am 
Mind Controller
Mind Controller

Quote:
Welcome Michael. :drink: Did your girlfriend warn you about the relentless hazing we do here to newbies? Because she should have. It's horrible. Terrible. I still have nightmares. :shock:

Oh, I'm just kidding. That would take too much effort and most of us here are too lazy. :lol:
Only most of us though (runs whetstone along the edge of his axe)

Hello Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 am 
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome aboard, Michael. You don't have to be mad to work here, but I'm sure we'll drive you there ... eventually. :)

"It's been a long time since the two of us ran along here together. Now ... time to kick things up a notch!" - Sonic, Shadow the Hedgehog

"As long as you have the power of friendship, the Sol Emeralds will never lose their glow!" - Sonic, Sonic Rush

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Quote:
Quote:
What's up, everybody? My name is Michael, and I'm new to the PPMB. I would be Michelle's (Percussive Maintenance's) aforementioned bf, of whom she is slowly but surly exposing to Daria. I’ve gotten up to the episode "Monster," and definitely hope to get through the rest of the series by the end of the year. In any case, I hope to make some new friends on here, and maybe would consider doing some voice acting for the audio show. Thank you, and have a swell day.
Who are you interested in voicing, might I ask?
While I'm still fairly new to voice acting (and to Daria for that matter,) my gf recommends I go for Kevin, Jake, or any male character that's appeared up to Season 2 Episode 6. Let me know if there's anyone in particular I can do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 pm 
Super Brain
Super Brain

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What's up, everybody? My name is Michael, and I'm new to the PPMB. I would be Michelle's (Percussive Maintenance's) aforementioned bf, of whom she is slowly but surly exposing to Daria. I’ve gotten up to the episode "Monster," and definitely hope to get through the rest of the series by the end of the year. In any case, I hope to make some new friends on here, and maybe would consider doing some voice acting for the audio show. Thank you, and have a swell day.
Who are you interested in voicing, might I ask?
While I'm still fairly new to voice acting (and to Daria for that matter,) my gf recommends I go for Kevin, Jake, or any male character that's appeared up to Season 2 Episode 6. Let me know if there's anyone in particular I can do.
Welcome, Michael! And you just so happen to be in luck. The script we have in production has Kevin in it--and so far, his scenes are complete. (That reminds me. I really have to finish that one scene I haven't.)

Oh, and one more thing. Did you, uh...know that chocolate is...the symbol of love?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Watch this if you don't get the joke. You are hereby entitled to deliver one dope slap towards me.

Post subject: New user post
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 am 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Hey, new user.

Edit: Bah, entered too early. Here because re-watching series and forming all kinds of headcanons--and that made me curious about fanfic tropes and conventions. Very curious. So here I am. Will attempt to contribute! Hopefully.

Edit again: I should say fandom. I didn't come here just for the fic--I tend to come to new fandoms for the people anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Desolation Row, waiting for my turn with Cinderella
Wait, wait, I don't understand. If one of you has the screenname SinisterExaggerator, shouldn't the other one be...well, gosh, any number of possibilities:
  • WeightLiftingLulu
  • ElvisBoss
  • Skinny
    • or HelloSkinny, for that matter
  • BachIsDead
I'm assuming that where there's a couple, and one of them is enough of a Residents fan to borrow from their lyrics for a screenname, then the other will follow suit. But there's no reason even to assume that both are Residents fans: hell, one could even hate them, I guess.

I'm just of an age and generation (possibly location?) where congruence in musical tastes was/is very important to a harmonious relationship.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Revelations 3:15-16)
If my enemies knew me better, they'd hate me even more.—N.N. Taleb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 pm 
Super Brain
Super Brain

Quote:
Wait, wait, I don't understand. If one of you has the screenname SinisterExaggerator, shouldn't the other one be...well, gosh, any number of possibilities:
  • WeightLiftingLulu
  • ElvisBoss
  • Skinny
    • or HelloSkinny, for that matter
  • BachIsDead
I'm assuming that where there's a couple, and one of them is enough of a Residents fan to borrow from their lyrics for a screenname, then the other will follow suit. But there's no reason even to assume that both are Residents fans: hell, one could even hate them, I guess.

I'm just of an age and generation (possibly location?) where congruence in musical tastes was/is very important to a harmonious relationship.
Something tells me you might be reading those quotes wrong...

If I were in a relationship, though, rest assured that I'd at least try to make a fan out of my SO, if she weren't already. And I kinda agree with you on having shared tastes, although for me, anything that she'd like that wouldn't make my cochleae want to grind themselves to a dust pile would be at least tolerable. But having the same taste does make it better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 pm 
Darian
Darian

Location: Maintaining a position at the LaGrange point between awesomeness and abject annoyance
FRESH MEAT!

Uh, I mean - hi, there. Welcome. We'll send you your special welcome box on Monday - and until then, avoid anyone with a penguin suit. :D

2,259 feet on Kitten Cannon!

...still at that forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg - because Real Life is Nintendo Hard.

Post subject: Re: New user post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 pm 
Prodigy
Prodigy

Okay, let's clear something up.
1. I don't know who the Residents are.
2. I am Percussive and City Guy is my boyfriend.
3. He's finished season 3 now! wooohoo!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:09 pm 
Mind Controller
Mind Controller

He's welcome, as are all the newcomers, I just hope your experience on here is at least half as enriching as mine has been

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Hi, my name is Sergey. I'm fan of "Daria" and I came here to lurk, not to spam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:15 am 
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Quote:
Lurk, then spam. ;)

"It's been a long time since the two of us ran along here together. Now ... time to kick things up a notch!" - Sonic, Shadow the Hedgehog

"As long as you have the power of friendship, the Sol Emeralds will never lose their glow!" - Sonic, Sonic Rush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 am 
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Quote:
Welcome! :drink: Lurk away. :) But it's more fun to strip off and jump in the pool than to stay on a lounge chair. :lol:

My woefully out-of-date deviantArt page

Now on Outpost Daria Reborn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 am 
Darian
Darian

Location: DVD Region Two. Fifteen minutes from Trent Lane in the lovely county of Derbyshire.
Only if you can swim.

Hi Sergey! You're the second person of that name here (unless there's others who've not revealed their name).

<-- Pub's over there
And Pizza King is that way -->

I don't imply that anything above represents the view of any organisation; I don't warrant any information to be accurate.
"If you love, you'll be crucified. If you don't love, you're already dead." Herbert McCabe.

Here's a web client for the Daria fandom IRC channels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:09 am 
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Sergey. If we don't scare you off in a week or so, you'll know you're one of us!

Of course, then the real horror begins... ;)

Post subject: New one here
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:23 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Hi. I'm Natalia, I just opened an account here so just stopped by to say hello

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Hi everyone. I'm Melissa, I'm 29 and I'm a Mexican Daria fan. Looks like fun in here so I'll see what's up with it.

Post subject: I'm New
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:53 am 
Savant
Savant

Since I can't simply reply to a topic yet, I thought I'd announce my arrival this way.

Anyway, hi! I'm Explosivo25, and my main fandom is for the Total Drama series. However, Daria is amazing, so I came here. :D

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 am 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

I'm new! And not a robot.

Post subject: Human
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:26 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Hi I'm Nicole and just a fan of Daria who is not a spammer!

Post subject: Sureia, reporting in!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:02 pm 
Brain
Brain

Hi, my name is Sureia, and I'm a new member. I've been a fan of Daria for a long, long time but I'm just starting to uncover the world of fan fiction and other fandom related shenanigans. Please be gentle. :P

Steve Rogers, 1918-2016: Threw a mighty Shield. When his girlfriend died, Cap didn't hesitate to make out with her niece.

James Buchanan Barnes, 1917-2016: He just wanted some plums.

Post subject: Dalek, reporting in
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:19 am 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

Looking forward to checking it out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 pm 
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa

New here name is Rachel, new to fan fiction sites i was wondering is it ok to do crossovers mixed with new ideas for stories say like if I used friends references just for fun.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next