PPMB

We're just nuts about nuts!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Desolation Row, waiting for my turn with Cinderella
Because Site5 has agreed to delay any action, and to reduce any extra CPU overhead that we've been incurring due to work done to reduce CPU overhead (irony alert), the board WILL BE AVAILABLE after 1:15AM Friday, and no database maintenance will be performed.
Quote:
As part of the program to get our overall CPU usage down, the post table in the database—which is what it sounds like: the part of the database that holds that posts—will be optimized after the next backup, which will be at 1:15AM Friday, EST.

I think that's 6:15AM UT, but I'm not sure.

Because the post table is so huge, the board will be unavailable during that time. Please log off before then; I don't know if deadlocking could occur, but I don't want to find out that yes, it can.

I don't know how long the optimization will take. I actually ran the optimization for every other table in the database, and it went rather quickly, but nothing else is as big as the post table. It could be five minutes, or it could be an hour. (Sorry, I'm not a MySQL expert. The word of anybody who is would be appreciated)

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Revelations 3:15-16)
If my enemies knew me better, they'd hate me even more.—N.N. Taleb